Friday, November 23, 2007

My First Thanksgiving (on training wheels)











So I hosted my first official Thanksgiving dinner!! This statement is true. We did eat in our dining room, which hasn't been used since we moved to this house (2 1/2 years ago), and we did use the china, which hasn't been touched since we got married (3 years ago), and the turkey was technically cooked in our oven. However, if I am being truly honest--my mom did most of the work. She prepared the turkey and brought it over. I watched it cook. She made most of the side dishes at my house--I watched and helped (a bit). Chris was even going to carve his first turkey--a true passing of the torch, but Dad did most of it as he taught Chris how. I think next year Chris and I will be ready and able to take on more of the responsibilities! It's not easy!! But you can bet I will be using microwavable mashed potatoes (not like the ones from scratch my mom makes) and I don't know if I am quite ready to pull the neck and other gross things out of the poor turkey--but we'll see. Cami also got quite dressed up and sat in her hight chair--with the help of some blankets to prop her up. She was so good and she is getting so big!!! Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Everything looks so beautiful!! Although your mom did "some" of the cooking, I'm sure that you were responsible for the presentation, and it's magazine-worthy. Happy Thanksgiving!!