Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cameron Juliet: Year Three


Cami has entered into the twos with a bang! First we had a trip to the dentist. This was her first visit ever, and considering how much she hates going to the doctor, I think she did well. I prepared her ahead of time, telling her what to expect, and although her first plan didn't pan out quite how she invisioned ("I hide, Mommy"), overall she was a trooper. She has 18 of her 20 teeth and no cavities. She also scored a new green and pink toothbrush which was all very exciting.
The dentist also talked with Cami (and her mommy) about the importance of loosing the binky. I brushed it off--not yet prepared to take away my angel's only vice, but that night Cami and I talked about it again, and surprisingly she seemed to "go for the idea". After all "The Doctor said so, remember?" (You knew I wasn't going to be the bad guy...) I was in disbelief.
So I honkered down ready for a sleepless night and was prepared to battle it out because the "no more bink" plan was already initiated, and I would not, could not, abort now. Guess what happened? She slept like an angel. Then came nap time the next day. There was no way she would go down for a nap without the bink--I was convinced! Guess what? She slept like an angel AGAIN.
So here we are three days in to OPERATION: NO BINKY AT NIGHT NIGHT and we are still on course!! I felt it was only appropriate that the Binky Fairy paid my darling daughter a visit, so tonight before bed Cami hand wrote a letter telling the Binky Fairy what she accomplished and what she wanted in return. The Bink Fairy got off way easy too. That's right--BUBBLES!!! That's all Cami wanted in appreciation of her huge accomplishment! Of course the Binky Fairy was happy to oblige--with some other goodies thrown it too!
It goes without saying I am over-the-moon proud of my big girl!

Did you notice the fairy is actually holding a bink? Sometimes I impress myself....

No comments: