Monday, January 21, 2008

I Don't Think She Likes Apples

I warned you there would be more videos!! So I don't know if all kids do this when they taste a new food, or if Cami just really doesn't like apples, but this was her reaction to tasting the fruit. Though she is clearly traumatized, Chris and I find it quite funny, as you can hear. At one point I think she takes a swat at me!? So to all my fellow mommies out there: D o I stop feeding her apples? Will she be the only kid in the entire universe that doesn't like them??

3 comments:

Erin Burns said...

Too funny. I love that you two are LAUGHING at her when she is clearly distressed!!

Don't fret. A lot of babies do this. My pediatrician told me to have them try a new food 15-20 TIMES before deciding that they truly don't like it. You'll usually find that around try 10, she eats it all up!

PS - time to buy a "Splat Mat" to put under her high chair. Because this is only the first of many baby food messes to come! I like the ones at "Land of Nod." Good Luck!

Love you XOXOXOXOXO

Cara said...

Hilarious!!! Don't feel bad..there will be many more times when you will laugh at your baby and she just won't think it's funny AT ALL!! And, get used to the swats, sister!!

Don't ditch the apples!!! Try mixing them in her cereal..my kids loved fruit in their oatmeal. That way, it will sweeten up the rice for her, and she'll be getting her fruits at the same time. She probably just thought they were WAY to tart, but will eventually love them!

BTW...Love Land of Nod's splat mats...and, they're reversible, too!!

Have fun!!
xoxo Cara

Jax said...

This is the other one I just passed out over!!! What can you say...the lil' lady knows what she likes and what she doesn't! :)